Penne alla vodka is a heartily dish, mixed in a creamy tomato sauce with a punch of vodka. This dish is a very easy recipe to whip up and takes a short time. I promise this pasta wont make you tipsy, it will just make you happy:)
PREP TIME- 10 minutes
COOKING TIME- 30 minutes
1/2 packet of penne(I used wheat penne but you can use any)
1 tablespoon Butter
10 cloves of garlic
2 medium sized onions
200 ml heavy cream ( I used Amul)
1/4 cup Vodka
Salt to taste
A pinch of Red Chili Flakes
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup or more grated Mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until al dente(cooked so as to be still firm when bitten). Also add oil/ olive oil so that the penne doesn’t stick. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet( size of the skillet depends on the amount of penne you are cooking) over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the melted butter and let cook till you can smell the heavenly mixture of garlic and butter in the air.
- Add the chopped onions to the garlic.
- Let it cook till it turns brown.
- While the garlic onion mixture cooks, blanch the tomatoes and turn it into a puree by using a food processor.
- Add the tomato puree into the skillet.
- Now splash in some vodka and let it simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Mix in the heavy cream and keep stirring it.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and chilli flakes into the sauce.
- Add the cheese.
- Toss the boiled pasta and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Delicious Penne Alla Vodka is ready to be served.
- The pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for a day.
- Make sure to simmer the sauce for long so that the vodka flavor is infused well in the sauce.
- Use fresh basil/ parsley and cheese to garnish the pasta.
Do try this recipe out and let me know how it goes in the comments below!