Honey chilli Potatoes, a dish which is a concoction of sweet and savory is cherished by everyone. Crispy potatoes covered with a flavoursome sauce is definitely a comfort food and can uplift anyone’s spirit. This recipe is an extremely simple dish to cook.
PREP TIME- 20 minutes
COOKING TIME- 30 minutes
5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
2 green chilli’s (finely chopped)
4 tsp Cornflour
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp Chilli sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vinegar
Salt to taste
- Chop the potatoes into thin french fries like slices.
- Heat a frying pan with a little bit of oil.
- Add the chopped potatoes in the frying pan and let it fry for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes turn brown take them out in a bowl.
- Add some oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the oil and let it cook until it turns a bit brown.
- Now add chopped chilli’s and ginger into the skillet.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornflour and some water.
- Keep the cornflour mixture aside.
- Now add ketchup, soya sauce, chili sauce, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, vinegar and the honey into the skillet.
- Mix it well and sprinkle some salt.
- Now add the cornflour mixture to the skillet and keep stirring the sauce.
- Add the fried potatoes to the skillet.
- Gently toss the sauce and the potatoes making sure that the potatoes don’t turn mushy.
- Garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander.
- The scrumptious Honey Chili Potatoes are ready to be served.
- There shouldn’t be any leftovers as the potatoes may go soggy and the taste may also change.
- One can use different sauces to enhance the flavor- don’t be a miser!
Do try this recipe and let me know how it works out for you in the comments below.