Crispy on the outside but silky on the inside, a salt covered piece of fried potato famously known as FRENCH FRIES is a moreish snack loved by everyone. French fries has the ability to cure any unpleasant day.
Cheese and Fries is a divine combination and there is no doubt that cheesy fries is an extremely simple dish to whip up.
PREP TIME- 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME- 30-40 MINUTES
2 medium sized potatoes
1 tablespoon Butter
15 cloves of Garlic
A little less than ¼ cup Corn Flour
2 Cups of Milk
Salt to taste
A pinch of Red Chilli Flakes
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup or more grated Mozzarella cheese
½ cup or more grated Parmesan cheese
- Chop two medium-sized potatoes into thin french-fries like slices.
- Heat a Frying pan with a little bit of oil.
- Add the chopped potatoes in the frying pan and let it fry for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes turn brown take them out in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the melted butter and let cook till you can smell the heavenly mixture of garlic and butter in the air.
- Now add the corn flour to garlic.
- Slowly pour in the milk and continue whisking the mixture until it’s smooth, make sure there are no lumps.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli flakes and ground black pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sauce is noticeably thickened and coats the back of the spoon
- Add a generous coating of the Mozzarella and Parmesan and stir.
- Transport the sauce on the fries
- Garnish it with Mozzarella and Parmesan- don’t be stingy at all!
- Drizzle tomato ketchup on top to add a punch of flavour to the cheesy fries.
- The mouth watering Cheesy loaded fries is ready to be served
- One can use as many kinds of cheese one wishes to. Go crazy with the cheese!!!
- There shouldn’t be any leftovers as the fries may go soggy and the taste may also change.
Do try this recipe out and let me know how it goes in the comments section.