Pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world – but it can be one of the unhealthiest. Shop bought or take away pizzas are often packed with saturated fats, carbohydrates and salt, not to mention calories. .
But don’t despair, pizza lovers! This homemade pizza is a great healthy and tasty alternative. “With just a bit of creativity, you can have all the taste with much less of the unhealthy aspect” by using Roti as the base and all homemade ingredients.
PREP TIME- 20 MINUTES
OVEN: 20 MINUTES
PAN- 10 MINTUES
Mozzarella cheese(as per your liking)
Chilly flakes to taste
Oregano to taste
Half red capsicum
Half yellow capsicum
3-4 chopped black olives
¼ cup sweet corn kernels boiled
3-4 Mushrooms, boiled
• Take roti and spread the sauce as required
• Put some chopped vegetables on the roti
• Spread some grated mozzarella cheese
• Place the pizza in the oven
• Bake the pizza in the oven on 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or till the cheese has melted and roti became(becomes) crisp.
You can also make the pizza in a pan: Grease non-stick pan with ghee.
• Put roti pizza in a pan and cover the lid.
• Cook it on low flame after the toppings are added till cheese melts and roti becomes slightly crisp but make sure the bottom doesn’t get burnt.
• It will take around 7 minutes approximately to cook in a pan.
• Roti must be on room temperature before spreading the pizza sauce
• Do not make very thin rotis, it may get burnt easily.
• One can use the left over Rotis also.
• You can even add any other vegetable of your choice
• Be creative and use your own topping idea, I have just given my suggestion.
Do try this recipe out and if you have any pizza tips or tricks OR if you want to share your favorite topping let me know in the comments section.